rapid testing results

How accurate are the rapid test. I had one done monday night becuase the local health department gives them and i have no insurance. It came back poz. My usual thing is just being a voyer and taking care of myself. So needless to say i'm in total shock; i've not slept in two days, they took a vile of blood and such, but can i trust this rapid testing? IS there any hope that it was false?

I recommend you review the information about rapid tests in the archives of this forum. Briefly, their sensitivity and specificity exceed 99%. A negative test is considered definitive; however, a positive rapid test needs confirmation by standard serology before it can be called a true positive. So is there any hope your positive rapid test is a false positive? Yes. Your next step is to get a standard (non-rapid) HIV test.

I'll send you my very best good-luck karma!

mercury poisening from fillings/HIV status
"Magnetic Couples"