bad advice

Dr. Bob,

I recently took a home access hiv test and was shocked. Every time i take one you get a recording saying its neg. This time i called at 11pm it said call back during bus hours to speak to a counseler. So I called the next morning about 30 times before they answered and said it was neg but i was chosen at random and oh yeah keep testing. Do you think the computer there tipped em off i might jump out a window and they said it was neg to avoid any bad press?

"Do I think the computer there tipped em off i might jump out a window and they said it was neg to avoid any bad press?" Hmm . . . well, uh, no, actually that remarkably bizarre idea never crossed my mind.

The real question I had was why are you taking so many HIV tests that you would know the recorded message routine so well in the first place? ("Each time I take one you get a recording saying its neg.") Wouldn't simply using a condom make infinitely more sense?

condum protection
Re: Infection via broken skin