Mar 23, 2005
A website I found says that condoms do not work. (www.altheal.org/overveiw/condoms.htm) Is this true what they are saying about condoms? Fact-- Latex condoms have tiny holes called Voids. Aids virus is 50 times smaller than these holes which make it easy for the virus to pass through them. Example--like a dime passing through a basketball hoop.
Response from Dr. Frascino
I suppose if you look hard enough, you can find a Web site that "says" just about anything. As for the one you found, the only true "void" here is that of medical scientific fact!
HIV cannot pass through intact latex. No way, no how! OK???
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Are Swollen Lymph Nodes A Symptom Of HIV?
- Is Headache A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Jock Itch A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Chills After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.