Probably The Craziest Person on Earth....

Dr. Bob, PLEASE HELP ME! About two years ago, I had a "risky" experience. Me and a guy engaged in oral sex without protection. I made sure his sperm did not go into my mouth, I made sure that he ejaculated on my hand. This october, I went to my doctor with dry skin on my palm which was accompanied by some red spots. She asked me if im gay, and I denied it, and then she proceeded to tell me that those red bumps on my palm are a symptom of hiv in gay men. As anybody would do, I almost fell off of the doctors chair. Since then I have been in a state of panic. I cant eat, sleep, or even go to school. I skipped an enormous amount of classes. Nevertheless, I had 4 tests taken. I had taken 3 oraquicks, in october, november, and in january Also, I have taken 1 elisa test in january. They all came back negative. I know im supposed to be happy, but somehow i cant be. Also, my partner, with whom ive been with for 2 years and 4 months now, took an elisa test in march, his test result came back negative. My question to you is, is there any possible way that I could have contracted the virus from that gay over two years ago? I have heard of rare cases in which the antibody tests come back negative, but the person still have the virus. My white blood cells have decreased in the past year. Should I take the a test to check for the virus itself, or is the event too far in the past? Should I take any other tests?

Thanks for everything, I hope my headline caught your attention.

You went to a doctor with dry skin and red spots on your palm and she asked if you were gay?

Dude, who did you go see? "Psychic Sue," the palm-reading fortune teller, or a real medical doctor? She then told you red bumps on the palm are a symptom of HIV in gay men??? Oh my, my, my . . . . I think it may be time for you to find a new doctor, preferably one who's attended medical school.

So now you've been a nervous wreck despite four negative HIV tests and the fact that your partner tested negative as well. And remind me again why this would cause you to be "in a state of panic." Oh yeah, Psychic Sue's nonsense.

OK, listen up, Dude. Psychic Sue is a whack job and you did not contract HIV from your blow job. Is that direct enough?

Should you take any more tests? No, of course not.

Conflicting Info Re Lamb Skin Condoms
Dr. Bob's Dating Tips, or Should I Stop This Train?