Mar 23, 2005
hi doc.i have questons can u help give me answers PLEASE your help is really needed here. 1/ can herpes cause neuropathy 2/can herpes cause lymphadenopathy 3/can herpes cause a promienet spleen 4/if a person had got herpes and hiv at the same time will it affect antibodies for hiv 5/if a person test negative for hiv at 8 months is that conclusive those are my questions and i hope u will answer them and a big donation will be heading to u at the end of the month thats pay day for me .thank u and god bless u.
| Response from Dr. Frascino
There are many types of herpes viruses, but assuming you are referring to genital herpes . . .
1. No, it does not cause neuropathy.
2. Yes, it can cause lymphadenopathy, but only locally. (HIV causes more generalized lymphadenopathy.)
3. No, it does not cause splenic enlargement.
4. No, concurrent infection with both viruses will not affect the production of anti-HIV antibodies, the duration of the window period or HIV-antibody test results.
5. Yes, I'd call that conclusive!
Hope that helps clarify things for you.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.