|Genital herpes and HIV
Mar 22, 2005
Dr Bob..Can you please help me clarify? I am getting different answers from different doctors. Would recently getting genital herpes make a dramatic increase in my viral load (double)?
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Yes, it's possible. In fact almost any concurrent infection from a common cold to and STD can cause the viral load to shoot up. Hopefully it is only a transient increase, but I'd keep a close eye on it. If it doesn't come back down soon, you may need a resistance test and possible switch in your medication regimen.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Pathogen Causes Genital Herpes?
- What Is The Difference Between Genital Herpes And Shingles?
- What Are The Most Common Ways To Get Genital Herpes?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Genital Herpes?
- Symptoms Of Vaginal Bleeding Headache Low Back Pain Cramping
- Does Oral Leukoplakia Go Away On Its Own?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.