Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

in High School
Mar 22, 2005

Hello, First I would like to say that ur a beautiful man, and have helped ease alot of stress in peoples lives, your honestly a gift from God. Heres my story. About a year ago i fooled around with a girl that i knew. She performed oral on me for about 1 minute. I didnt have a condom and she wanted to have sex. I briefly put my penis in her vagina for less then 10 seconds. I didnt even really stroke. 8 months later i developed a sore throat and weird purpilish spot by my hip. I went to the doctor for my sore throat and was given omoxacilin, n that made it completely go away for about a month, it came back and i went to the doctor again. The sore thraot went away but then came back. I dont have a sore throat now, but i do have a red throat. The purpilish spot is there, but it blanches, and i heard Ks doesnt blanche. Please im scared out of my mind and need ur help. Before i get tested i would like ur honest opinion on this. I have never had an std or anything, and im scared to death. All i do is streesss. I will donate 300 dollars for a response. Im only in HIgh school, Ill do anything. Please help me Doc. From a heterosexual man, I love you Dr. U are a blessing.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi High Schooler,

Certainly any unprotected sex does place you at some degree of risk for STDs, including HIV. Consequently, HIV testing three months or more after the potential exposure is recommended. That said, however, I should add the HIV transmission risk from oral sex is remarkably low and your insertive vaginal sex was extremely brief (10 seconds). Consequently, your overall HIV risk is very low. Your "symptoms" are not at all consistent with HIV or KS. I think it's definitely time to put an end to your stress. Your worries and fears are way out of proportion to any real risk.

I'll send you my very best good-luck karma, OK? Now get going and get tested!

Finally, thank you for your willingness to donate to those in desperate need. On behalf of all those who will be touched by your gift, please accept my heartfelt thanks. Three hundred dollars and you are only in high school??? Wow. What do you do for an after-school and weekend job? Run an Internet company?

Stay well! Good luck!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Freaking out in France
Next
Thank you from NGUer, Dr. Bob

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.