Freaking out in France

Dear Dr. Bob, Happy spring to you! So here I am in the south of France working as an English language assistant and generally trying to enjoy my early twenties. A few weeks ago however, I did something which has since become the source of considerable anxiety for me and which I fear could have compromised my health. One night after drinking quite a bit, I stopped over at a favorite restaurant of my mine to say hello to a friend who works there as a waiter. We have been friends since I arrived in France last October so we know each other decently well. He invited me over to his place after he was done with work and I, being drunk, conceded to go even though I knew that the situation would likely become sexual which was something I did not want to happen. Of course, when we arrived at his place he wanted to kiss me and I wasn't able to say no. After a few minutes of kissing he whipped out his dick and me, not wanting to offend him, proceeded to jack him off using some of my saliva for lubricant. So here is what concerns me: After jacking him for about half a minute I realized that this was just not what I wanted, disengaged, and explained to my friend that I couldn't proceed any further. Shortly thereafter I stupidly took a drink from the bottle of alcohol we bought using the same hand I had used to jack him off. Also, at the beginning of the evening I had shaved and slightly nicked myself resulting in two very small razor cuts not directly on but just below my lip. At the time of the shaving they hardly bled at all and stopped almost immediately. After the incident with my friend however I became absolutely mortified that I may have brought some of his preseminal fluid into precarious proximity with the aforementioned razor cuts, as well as with my mouth in general. I don't think I wiped my mouth after drinking from the bottle but the possibility nevertheless haunts me. The next day, I talked with my friend about what had happened and asked him if he had any std's. He replied quite confidently that he has been checked regularly and has no diseases. But I'm still pretty freaked out. What do you think is the likelihood of transmitting hiv and other std's from the scenario I have related? Are there any case histories of transmission occurring in the same or similar fashion to what I have described? Just to let you know, I have a long history of being irrationally afraid of contracting hiv/aids. I know there must be some degree of paranoia in my fears about this situation but I am simply unable to judge the appropriate level of fear/preoccupation. How worried should I be about this little foreign encounter? Thanks in advance for your scientific mind and enviable humor!

Salut,

Mets-toi à l'aise.

Ne tourne pas en rond avec le VIH ou les IST. Ils ne sont pas ton problème ! Tu dois oublier toutes ces absurdités et retourner à ta vie normale dans le sud de la France. Je ne vois aucune raison de t'inquiéter !

Courage, mon ami. Tu verras que tout ira bien.

Amicalement,

You Were Right Dr. Bob -- Confirmatory Test Negative
in High School