You Were Right Dr. Bob -- Confirmatory Test Negative

Thanks for your response Dr. Bob. Previously I wrote about an indeterminate rapid test (despite having very low-risk sex). I went and had a standard ELISA and a PCR DNA test, both of which came back negative. The clinic I went to and my doctor told me that the chance of my rapid test picking up HIV antibodies is zero, since if I was sero-converting I would have tons of virus that would have shown up on the PCR.

Do you agree with this?

In any event, the whole experience has been completely awful. I really wish that the manufacturers of the rapid test would do a better job of educating people about the limitations of their product. Hopefully others reading this forum who have had an indeterminate rapid test will realize that this does happen and things can turn out to be OK. Thanks again Dr. Bob.

Yes, I would agree!

Congrats and WOO-HOO!

Stay well.

CANADIAN BACON !!!
Freaking out in France