Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

fluids on body parts
Mar 21, 2005

Dear Good Doctor

You are doing a lot of good in area of awareness-raising, counselling and mitigation of the hiv/aids pandemic. I thank you for that selfless service,

Chief, I had close encounter with what I tought is a hiv infection case. I was fingering a lady and right after this act, I put on a condom with a wet finger. I think the finger was on the shaft or the part where the condoms doesnt reach on the bottom. I managed to have safe ride and then washed off. I am also worried about exposing my hands after safe sex, since the semen from infected body fluids could infect one when removing the male condom. Is that possible? I myself bought that the hiv virus can jump from the fingers into the opening of the penis? Let me know what risk I faced. I test regularly but this encounters have me doubting the wisdom of testing soon? Thanx. Where are your details for donations? Do u only take $$$ for donations? What about donations in kind?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

I do not see a significant HIV risk from the events you describe. Take a read through the archives, as I've discussed similar concerns many, many times in the past. I'll just add a few quick points here:

1. HIV cannot pass through intact skin; therefore, no worries about the wet finger on the shaft of the penis.

2. Contracting HIV while removing a condom would be so unlikely that the risk would be off the radar screen.

3. HIV cannot jump. It's a virus, not a kangaroo.

4. Testing prior to three months is not considered definitive.

5. Repeating tests after you have conclusively tested negative is unwarranted.

Details regarding donations to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on our Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. We accept all gifts both monetary and in-kind with gratitude!

Stay well!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Remember me
Next
Dr.Bob is THE BEST!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.