The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary


Mar 21, 2005

I have not seen any information regarding the STD, Specifically HIV infection, risk to the exotic dancer. It happens all the time........the customer ejaculated in his pants and is not wearing a condom. The dancer finds a wet spot on her cloth. What is the risk? Any research which shows transmission? Does HIV die upon contact with the air? Thank-you very much from a group of goal oriented dancers.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Goal-Oriented Dancers,

Whether pole-oriented or goal-oriented, I'm delighted you wrote in. It's an excellent reminder to all that concern about STDs always goes in both directions!

As for the wet spot on your "cloth," it's sometimes difficult to know exactly where the wet came from. But if it did come from the "customer" with the gunked up pants, I don't see any cause for concern. He has his spunked up undies plus his perma-press wrinkle-free Dockers khakis on and you have your cloth. The chances of anything getting through all those layers of fabric are nil.

Regarding HIV, it does not survive very long at all outside the body, although it does not exactly "die upon contact with air" either. That said, I want to reaffirm that there is no HIV risk form the activity you describe. I just can't believe so many dudes would readily spunk up their sexy 2xist boxer briefs. Maybe they wear their less fashion-forward undies when they decide to go "dancing" at the Badda Bing.

Stay well!

Dr. Bob

chest pains
Last Try

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint