neuropathy?

Hi! Doc 3months ago i developed neuropathy on my feet, shoulders & hands i've done some research & found out that if you have neuropathy its either you have HIV or your diabetic, I ruled out diabetes so HIV was my suspect. i got so scared that it forces me to have an HIV test the result of EIA test was non-reactive, I felt a big relief by the way my 1st and last sexual encounter is with a prostitute i did used a condom & that was in 1998, I also have muscle twitching during sleep. I really have no idea whats happening to me, I would like to know what's your assesement on my situation? thanks and God bless all the doctors on this helpful website..

First off, I strongly doubt, unless you've been to medical school, that you are qualified to diagnose "neuropathy."

Second, your research is very incomplete, as there are many causes other than HIV and diabetes that can cause neuropathy, which, by the way, I doubt you even have.

Next, you are HIV negative, because your EIA is nonreactive. This is to be expected, considering you used a condom. HIV cannot pass through intact latex.

Finally, you ask for my assessment of your situation. I cannot diagnose conditions over the Internet. However, I totally agree your problem is not HIV related. I suggest you see your doctor for an evaluation, if you are having persistent symptoms. I might also add I'd be "twitching," too, if I hadn't had sex since 1998!

As Etta James would sing..."At Last"
you are better then buddha