The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

got a minute ?

Mar 18, 2005

Please access my risk. I was rimmed and given oral sex while wearing a condom by a sex worker in Sub Saharan Africa. We also kissed, grinded and I sucked her breasts. I ma losing sleep and I am sure that it is getting worse daily. can you please tell me if you think I need to get tested and if I should be as concerned as I am. I would like to think that I do not have to make crazy claims or accuse you of discriminatiopn to get you to answer my question as I have seen others resort to. This is my fourth attempt. Thank you

Response from Dr. Frascino


1. There have been no recorded cases of getting HIV form rimming or getting rimmed.

2. Kissing, grinding and nipple noshing are not considered significant risks for HIV transmission.

3. Only you can decide if you "need to get tested." The best I can offer is to advise you on your level of risk, which, as I mentioned above, is essentially nonexistent. Sometimes testing is the most efficient and effective means of calming unwarranted anxiety and putting irrational fears to rest.

4. In reality, "crazy claims" and "accusations of discrimination" are actually disincentives to getting a response.

Good luck. Consider getting counseling if you continue to perseverate on HIV.

Dr. Bob

Can a HIV Poz Person Can Stll Have Sex With A HIV Poz?
$100 donation and worried

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint