CD4 test question & HIV

Hi Doc

I asked my doctor to do a CD4 count even though I tested negative at 1 year. Many symptoms, diarrhea, dermatitis etc.. He very reluctantly agreed. He then told me over the phone the result was 'normal'. He told me that he didn't have a hard copy any more to send to me as the result was only on his computer. Then I got worried that maybe he didn't carry out the test at all because he didn't think it was necessary and just told me that everything was 'normal' without sending my blood to the lab. Do you think a doctor would do this? Do you think I am being irrational?

1. Do I think a doctor would do this? No, I certainly do not.

2. Do I think you should have had a CD4 count analysis performed in the first place? No, I certainly do not.

3. Do I think you are being irrational? Yes, I certainly do.

If you want a hard copy of your CD4 T-cell subset analysis, your doctor will be able to arrange to get this for you; however, more than likely, it will just lead you to additional worries as you attempt to interpret the numbers of a complicated test that has absolutely no bearing on your current problems. If you cannot accept the wonderful news of your HIV-negative status, I suggest you seek professional counseling, not unwarranted tests.

Farewell My Friends
Can a HIV Poz Person Can Stll Have Sex With A HIV Poz?