The ongoing window period debate

This is directly from the New York State Dept. of Health website and is part of a series of questions submitted from the CDC broadcast "Update on Rapid Testing for HIV" April 24, 2003:

Mount Sinai Medical Center How long does it take for HIV antibodies to develop in someone who has been exposed to HIV? If there is a gap in time how does the rapid test address this? It can take up to 3 months for HIV antibodies to develop in someone who is infected with HIV. This time frame is referred to as the window period. As with standard blood or oral fluid testing, in order to rule out HIV infection, an HIV rapid test should be performed three months after the last possible exposure.

Here is the link: http://www.health.state.ny.us/nysdoh/hivaids/rapid/quest.htm

Thanks! Isn't that exactly what I've been saying for several years here on this Web site? Let me check the past several thousand questions I've posted, OK? Hang on a sec. Yep! Just as I had expected. It is indeed precisely what I've been preaching for years. Do you think the CDC finally tuned into our forum?

Thanks for sharing!

Stay informed. Stay well.

WooHoo?? Please say yes...
I AM TOO EMBARESSED TO ASK DR.'S