Fresh wound and early HIV symptoms

Dear Doctor Bob, I am 25 years old men. I am a foreigner in an Asian country. I am sorry for my poor English. I am not a native speaker. These days I had very had times. 16 days ago, I drank with one of my friend. When I was walking towards home, massage girls called me. First time in my life, I was going this kind of place. First I took a bath entered the girlfs room. She told me that she is from Burma. I did not know where Burma is.

Luckily I was carrying latex condom with me. She told me take the condom. My penis was soft. I put the condom but it was not tight. After that my penis gets hard without touching it. I had a vaginal intercourse about 5 mins. I felt that the condom covered 2/3 of the penis and uncovered parts also entered inside the vagina. After that, I saw that the condom was not broken. It was covering 2/3 of pennies and there was no blood on the condom. Then I tried to remove the condom with my naked hand. The she gave me handkerchief. I removed the condom with handkerchief. Immediately we went to take a shower only with water. I washed my penis with water. I remembered that near my anus there was a bleeding wound. One hour earlier than, I had been in WC. There I had noticed the fresh wound. There was some vaginal liquid on my fingers and near my penis. Can HIV move on with shower water towards the wound and infect me?

One hour later, I came home and I took long shower with warmer water and soap? During shower, I touched the wound with my fingers for a very short time? There were soap bubbles on my finger.

9 hours after the intercourse, I woke up in the morning with strange sore trough and I saw that there was a white layer on my tongue. Before I hadnft noticed that I had a white layer on my tongue (During that time I didnft know that it is a HIV symptom). I washed my tongue but it didnft go away. I had also mild dry cough. At that time, I was not thinking about HIV. Afternoon I searched in internet where Burma is. First thing I saw about Burma was AIDS. It is written that AIDS is the biggest problem in Burma and most of the Burmaniese prostitutes carry HIV. Then I scared a lot. Two days after the intercourse the coughs became more frequent, strong and developed very less. Still I have dry cough and pain in my chest, still white coat on my tongue. Before, I didnft have such a strange cough. Are they HIV symptoms? Especially this white coat; can it appear 9 hours after the HIV infection? Is this possible?

Am I infected?

I am worrying a lot. I cannot concentrate anything else. I am about the loose my job. My family also felt that something is wrong with me. They are also so sorry. I am loosing everything. I am crying. You are such a person who gives light for us. Maybe if I hadnft seen your webpage, I could completely loose my mind. I want to donate to your institution or any other AIDS intuition around me.

I wish the best for you. I wish in the world you have a long life to give hope the others and in the other side you have a place in heaven.

Martin,

Hi Martin,

Stop worrying!

Let me address your questions first:

1. Can "HIV move on with shower water towards the wound and infect you?" No.

2. Can HIV cause symptoms such as a white coating on your tongue or sore throat 9 hours after a potential exposure? No. Symptoms related to HIV infection take days to weeks to appear, not hours, to appear.

3. Are you HIV infected? No, Martin, I do not believe you are.

Martin, you used a latex condom and it did not break. Yes, I realize it only covered 2/3 of your penis, but so long as it stayed on and you didn't have any actively bleeding cuts on the uncovered portion of the shaft of your penis, I see no reason for concern. Your symptoms are not related to HIV seroconversion (ARS) or HIV disease. Your fears are completely unwarranted and way out of proportion to any potential risk.

If you feel you've placed yourself at risk, get HIV tested at the three-month mark. That may be the most efficient and effective way to put your mind at rest and squelch your fears. If you continue to be tormented by guilt and worry, see a counselor who can help you cope with these irrational fears.

Stay well, Martin, and thank you for your kind words and good wishes.

worried in WV
Piano Transmission