The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

$50 donation, for 5th attempt at question!

Mar 14, 2005


I had sex with a high risk female at the end of december, i used a condom, but i admit my mind got the better of me. So i got one of those early tests for HIV, and it came beack negative. I then waited up until 10 weeks and 2 days, tested again, using ELISA and came back NEGATIVE, i am feeling posititive that my 12 week will come back negative when i get it done. Here is the question. I receently bought a bottle of mineral water from a corner shop, after drinking several large mouthfuls, i noticed a white substance in there that looked alot like semen! I know there is a low chance of it being semen, but i started to worry. About 2 weeks after the incident i started to get symptoms such as a chest infection, aches, a cold, sore throat, etc. Is it possible i could have caught HIV from this drink, and would you recommend for me to get tested from this exposure??

Please answer, i will donate $50!!


Response from Dr. Frascino


I, too, am "posititive" that your 12-week ELISA will come "beack" negative.

Regarding the mineral water, I see absolutely no cause for concern or worry. No, I would not recommend testing. Of that I'm absolutely "posititive!"

Thank you for your generous donation. I'll look forward to your "WOO-HOO" very soon!

Dr. Bob

hold on a minute! please
It's 2005...any changes ?

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint