The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

hold on a minute! please

Mar 14, 2005

Dr. Bob

I am on the right forum I think? I was on the Hopkin site TODAY and Dr. Gallant said that he does not believe that somone has to notify somone about them being HIV+ if they only kiss them or performs oral on them because he says THESE are NO RISK activities. You might seem to disagree but I cant be sure because a lot of your answers are vague " If you feel yo put yourself at risk get tested". I didnt have any unusual circumstances, I Am circumsized, but I did have a fever and rash after. Who is correct? This happened 9 years ago still healthy but rea;ize that doesnt mean much. By the way she was a hooker.

Response from Dr. Frascino


Perhaps we are both correct. Perhaps there is only a theoretical risk. However, let's take your case for a real example. You report you "didn't have any unusual circumstances," yet you also report a fever and rash after the event in question. You are also nine years later still searching for an answer from Web site to Web site, specialist to specialist. My point is that you definitely are at least worried you placed yourself at risk and you've had some "symptoms;" consequently, even with only a theoretical risk, a 20-minute HIV test would give you a definitive result and calm any residual doubt in your mind. So who is correct may not be the right question for you. Your issue is 20 minutes versus 9 years.

Hope that helps!

Dr. Bob

$50 donation, for 5th attempt at question!

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint