YOU ARE THE BEST PERSON ON THE INTERNET

First, I would like to say thank you very much for providing this service, you are an inspiration. I have just been tested for HIV and the test came back non reactive. Six months ago I had unprotected sex once, that I remember. However, I have been drunk and gone to the bar several times, I have never ended up at some elses house, a hotel, or with someone at my house in a bed within that time (that I can remember). I would remember that right? However, since being tested I have began to distrust my own memory when drunk, I have quit as of two months ago. I have tried to analyze every bit of my drunken nights that I can remember but am terrified that I may have had sex, and do not remember it. I am also worried that while in a bar I was perhaps pricked by a needle. Please tell me how many cases you know of in which people have contracted HIV, and do not remember having sex, not including those who cannot remember due to the fact that they have had alot of sexual encounters. As well as the probability of being pricked by a needle and not knowing it. So please let me know the odds, by comparison to other positive cases of me contracting HIV given the above scenario. Have you ever heard of this happening? I am worried, should I be satisfied with the negative result or should I get another three months after I drank last. Please I am serious about this, and from the minute I wake up to the minute I go to sleep, I try to remember if perhaps I had sex with someone, or went to a house, or anything. Thanks I know this may sound trivial but I am honestly obsessing about this daily.

I believe you are "honestly obsessing about this daily" and also believe that is the primary problem you should be addressing your obsession!

As for the number of cases "in which people have contracted HIV and do not remember having sex, not including those who cannot remember due to the fact that they have had a lot of sexual encounters," obviously such a number does not exist. Be reasonable. Regarding the probability of being pricked and not knowing it, well I'll let you test that hypothesis for yourself. Go get a needle and jam it into your flesh. Did you notice it?

I believe your six-month negative HIV test is great news. If you're worried by what may have happened on subsequent drinking binges, get tested three months after your last binge. Perhaps most importantly, I recommend counseling for your HIV obsession and alcohol abuse problems.

High Risk Sex - All the symptoms - Tested Negative
hold on a minute! please