got hiv from kissing

I am pretty sure that I got hiv from kissing a high risk girl. It turns out that I had a cut on my inner lip and deep kissed her for about an hour. # weeks later I came down with a very high fever , slight pink rash on my chest that went away after a few hours, sorethroat, and a drenching nightsweat when the fever broke after a day do to motrin. i continued to feel sick for about 4 days and then it went away. I dont know how to document this because when I went to the doc he said I had a virus and to rest but he would not worry about hiv. guess what hiv is a virus. What do you think is it possible that all of these symptoms could have been something else? Should I get tested?

You are "pretty sure" you got HIV from kissing. I'm very sure you did not.

If you feel you placed yourself at risk due to the cut on your inner lip and tonsil-hockey-marathon session with the high-risk hottie, then get tested at the three-month mark. I personally do not feel testing is absolutely warranted in this case, but it may well be the most efficient and effective way to calm your worries.

Finally, yes I do believe your symptoms were caused by something else. There are gazillions of viruses other than HIV that can cause similar symptoms, including the "common cold" and "flu" viruses.

Good luck!

U R WoNdErFuL, Dr. BoB!!
Can surgery affect/delay seroconversion - 2nd attempt