Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

PLEEEEEAAASSSSEEEE ANSWER ME!!!
Mar 12, 2005

hello bob first of all i would like to thank u for being an inspiration in the most difficult time of my life. well here goes, i slept with a high risk encounter of unknown status,protected, but to my shock there was blood on the condon and some on my palms,understandably i went through a very big shock and started developing a very disturbing bout of diarrhea that didnt stop for about 2 weeks, i mean intense bouts, went to my health adviser and doctor they said extreme anxiety, was prescribed on anti anxiety tablets flupentixol 75mg, after 4 weeks i started feeling very weird, like something is bothering me, went to the doctor he done all the tests came back alright, he said it was anxiety depression,then loss of appetite,extreme fatigue, lethargy,malaise,pain in the lymph areas but doctor says no swelling,a very itchy rash like never seen before. my father is also a doctor i explained everything as i had to because i wasnt normal, in a total state of shock and worry,done elisa hiv 1+2 and p24 antigen at 1,2,3,4,6 months all negative, now my doctor says i have thrush, and i also have wat looks like oral hairy leukoplakia, done a cbc, everything fine, but also did it on 3rd month and neutrophils were high, lymphocytes were low, my question is wat is your advice, could i have a rare strain, and wat should i do about my tongue, i will send u the biggest donation if u answer this, and u will always be in my prayers along with everyone who has been struck by this.thank you and please answer me your opinion matters the most to me

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

If your HIV-1+2 and p24 antigen tests have been consistently negative at 1, 2, 3, 4 and 6 months, we can conclusively and definitively say you are HIV negative. No, you do not have a rare strain. No further HIV testing is warranted or necessary.

I cannot tell you over the Internet the exact cause of your tongue symptoms; however, I can tell you what's not causing them. It's not HIV! There are many conditions that look like thrush and/or oral hairy leukoplakia that have absolutely nothing to do with HIV. A good internist or ENT physician should be able to help sort this problem out for you. Counseling for your anxiety and irrational fears of HIV would most likely be very beneficial in helping you accept the wonderful news of your HIV-negative status. Stop chasing a disease you could not possibly have.

Thank you for your willingness to make a donation to help those in desperate need.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Barebacking dilemma
Next
U R WoNdErFuL, Dr. BoB!!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.