Thanks for what you do

Hi Dr. Bob-

I wanted to thank you for all your work. I have asked a question here before and your answer reassured me of my virtually non-existant risk for HIV. Upon further reflection, I realized what a valuable service you provide to those with HIV and those who fear (sometimes irrationally, like I was) having HIV. Your honesty and compassion are admirable. I am a conservative Christian (not perfect, as flawed as anyone can be), graduated from a conservative (protestant) seminary, voted for George Bush and probably disagree with you on any number of issues. I really try to not seem to be "holier than thou" because I know that we all make mistakes and mess up. I've never understood the fascinatin with politics some Christians have...I prefer to focus on eternal matters, not temporal. Anyway, although I'm what some consider as intolerant because of my spiritual (and political) beliefs, I want you to know that (although not knowing your particular spiritual beliefs and hopefully not offending you)I pray daily for you and for those you minister to on a daily basis. I also want you to know that I will continue to donate as I can to your organization.You are doing a good thing Dr. Bob...keep going and know that a prayer was said for you today (and will be said tomorrow). Have a blessed day...I know this was long but I did want to express to you that there are conservatives and Christians who want to help and not hurt the work you are doing.

A conservative Christian who cares for you

Hello Conservative Christian,

Thank you for your very kind remarks. No, of course I'm not offended. I was raised Catholic and attended a Catholic grammar school until the 3rd grade when the school burned down. No, I didn't torch the place, even though I think Sister Justine might still have her doubts about that.

I'm delighted you focus your religious beliefs on eternal matters, rather than politics. Separation of church and state remains an excellent concept. I never really understood the intolerance of some Christians. It seems to be antithetical to the basic tenants of Christ and Christianity. Could any higher power truly endorse intolerance?

Thank you for your prayers, donations and tolerant good wishes, and know that I return them 1000 fold.

Stay well.

Can HIV spread through talking closely?
Barebacking dilemma