Oi (Hi) From Brazil

Oi Dr. Bob (Hope for so many), I received oral sex for a couple of minutes without condom from a call girl, but as soon I relised the stupidity of the act we proceeded with ruber on. Do you believe to be a real risk of HIV? should PEP be considered? Muito obrigado! (many thanks in portuguese) PS: I was on your foundation web site and and advise everyone reading this to visit it and contribute

Oi Brazil Guy!

Unprotected oral sex carries a very low risk for HIV transmission. I would advise against PEP (post-exposure prophylaxis) in your case. PEP should be considered only for folks with a significant exposure and should, in those cases, be started as soon as possible after the exposure and no later than 72 hours.

I believe your HIV risk to be extremely minimal; however, if you decide to be tested, wait for at least three moths. HIV ELISA testing prior to three months is not considered definitive.

Você é bem-vindo

Thank you, Important question that may help others.
Vietnam veteran with PTSD