Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

my whoo hoo is like Enya music to my ears
Mar 8, 2005

This goes out to all the Wory wells DONT SEARCH THE INTERNET FOR HIV SYMPTOMS or SELF DIAGNOSE. i did this and i wasted 2 MONTHS of my life worrying. my story was that i had an unrpotected oral sex encounter and developed sore throat, nightsweats, canker sores, and later on it turned into sinusitus and the pins and needles from hell. by the way a certain website said that sinusitus was among the TOP TEN HIV SYMPTOMS. I told my Doc the story and he looked at me like i was crazy. he practically said the same thing as Good ol Doctor Bob, "YOU DONT HAVE HIV, FACE IT"!!!! "Oral sex carries an EXTREMLY LOW RISK OF HIV INFECTION"!!! "IF YOU CALL ME ONE MORE TIME AT 2 AM IN THE MORNING ABOUT A RED PIMPLE ON YOUR CHEST IM CALLING THE INSANE INSTITUTE ON YOU"!!!!

Now here i am, i tested negative for syphlis, and HIV at 2 months prior to my oral sex encouner. The Doc told me not to come at 3 months since it was indeed pointless to test againg, and to stop calling his cell phone.

I love you very much Doctor Bob. Be Safe

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

You were calling his cell phone??? Oh my . . . you're lucky he didn't put a restraining order out on you!

By the way, how did you test negative for syphilis and HIV two months "prior" to your blowjob? Generally speaking, if you're concerned about an STD, it makes more sense to get tested "after" the potential exposure.

Stay well, Enya-Fan, and no, I will never, ever, ever give you my cell phone number, so don't even think about asking.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Just a post, no questions
Next
Scared in Louisville

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.