Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

SECOND TIME - DON'T MAKE ME FLY OUT THERE!!!
Mar 8, 2005

Dr Bob,

I have tested negative at 10 weeks Dr's office test, 13 weeks Home Access and 5 months Home Access after getting a BJ from a female pro. I was good with everything and believed my 5 month test. Now I have a white plaque on the side of my tongue, it looks similar to OHL but I can wipe it off with a toothbrush. When I wipe it off before bed I wake up in the morning and it is back. When I wipe it off there is no bleeding and it is always in the same spot, it's not mucus or dry mouth that I can tell since it's always in the same place. It's about half the size of a dime and is irregular.

I truly want to move on and put this behind me, it just drivers me loco that I have another abnormality going on. I truly feel that I have tested conclusively negative (it's past 6 months now) but this is driving me crazy! Any ideas what it could be? I have a geographic tongue (dentist told me that many moons ago) but this is not close to the top of the tongue, it is definately on the side and is not on the other side of my tongue.

I donated last fall and plan to donate yearly, you are doing a great service here.

John

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello John,

I completely agree with you when you state that you "have tested conclusively negative." So whatever is happening with your tongue, one thing that's certain: it's not related to HIV! So take a good look at yourself in the mirror and repeat after me: "It's over, Johnny, it's over!!!" (That's from the first Rambo movie, by the way, in case you didn't recognize the quote.)

If you're concerned about your tongue, show it to your doctor. I can't diagnose your problem over the Internet. It could very well be completely normal.

Thanks for your donation!

Stay well, John, and remember HIV is not your problem. So if you want to "fly out here", do so for a vacation because as far as HIV goes "It's over, Johnny, it's over!"

Dr. Bob

Previous
ELEVENTH TRY! Please, dont make me type all this again!
Next
Just a post, no questions

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.