WoooWeddingHoooo

To all of you wws out there I know it is utterly terrifying, but Bob knows what he is talking about get tested! I just gave myself the best wedding present ever I finally made myself get tested, after a drunken (unprotected) opps that happened over a year ago. Thanks to this site I know I am not alone in making mistakes when ones heart really belongs to another (especially drunken mistakes).

The week before we were to send our wedding invitations out, I decided my fiancé should have the choice if he wanted to marry someone who might have HIV. I never meant to cheat on him, and now I realize a lot of my problems/symptoms have been guilt. My symptoms that ALL seemed related to HIV were really constant worry, the sick sense that I might have made the biggest mistake of my life, and also endangered his life (by having unprotected sex with him after my opps).

I finally decided, after support from this site, and Bobs words of encouragement, and advice, if I was going to stand up in front of my friends and family and commit the rest of my life to my fiancé at our wedding, I wanted to say it with all of my heart. So I went to get tested, and I was terrified. After I did it I was so regretful I had. I was so scared they would tell me I was HIV+, and that my entire life with my to-be husband would be ruined because of my drunken oppsthat my wedding, and the only man I truly loved would be lost because of ONE night of my stupidity.

I finally got my results and I am OK!!!! In fact I have never felt better! Let me tell you, even though I was way past the window period, it was petrifying waiting for the results of the test. Now it is as though a HUGE weight has been lifted. And like many other wws I am having a hard time letting go of the fear and guilt I harbored for so long, but I feel as though I have a second chance. This is truly the best wedding present I could have imagined. Once again, it is scary thinking of what might be but the truth is best take a deep breath and get tested, it may be the best gift you have ever given yourself because peace of mind, or even just knowing, is priceless. How could I have truly repeated those wedding vows, went on my honeymoon with my new husband, and really enjoyed it if I had been fearing I was infected/infected him with HIV the entire time? I dont know, and luckily I wont have to know because I took Bobs advice and GOT TESTED!!!!!!! Thank you Bob for all you do!!!! WoooWedddingHoooo!

Hello WOOO-Wedding-HOOO-er!

I'm delighted you can now yell WOO-HOO along with your "I DOOO!" Thanks for your thanks and for taking the time to share your story.

Happy Honeymoon!

Can I WOO HOO?
Thank you, Dr. Bob!