Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

WoooWeddingHoooo
Mar 7, 2005

To all of you wws out there I know it is utterly terrifying, but Bob knows what he is talking about get tested! I just gave myself the best wedding present ever I finally made myself get tested, after a drunken (unprotected) opps that happened over a year ago. Thanks to this site I know I am not alone in making mistakes when ones heart really belongs to another (especially drunken mistakes).

The week before we were to send our wedding invitations out, I decided my fiancé should have the choice if he wanted to marry someone who might have HIV. I never meant to cheat on him, and now I realize a lot of my problems/symptoms have been guilt. My symptoms that ALL seemed related to HIV were really constant worry, the sick sense that I might have made the biggest mistake of my life, and also endangered his life (by having unprotected sex with him after my opps).

I finally decided, after support from this site, and Bobs words of encouragement, and advice, if I was going to stand up in front of my friends and family and commit the rest of my life to my fiancé at our wedding, I wanted to say it with all of my heart. So I went to get tested, and I was terrified. After I did it I was so regretful I had. I was so scared they would tell me I was HIV+, and that my entire life with my to-be husband would be ruined because of my drunken oppsthat my wedding, and the only man I truly loved would be lost because of ONE night of my stupidity.

I finally got my results and I am OK!!!! In fact I have never felt better! Let me tell you, even though I was way past the window period, it was petrifying waiting for the results of the test. Now it is as though a HUGE weight has been lifted. And like many other wws I am having a hard time letting go of the fear and guilt I harbored for so long, but I feel as though I have a second chance. This is truly the best wedding present I could have imagined. Once again, it is scary thinking of what might be but the truth is best take a deep breath and get tested, it may be the best gift you have ever given yourself because peace of mind, or even just knowing, is priceless. How could I have truly repeated those wedding vows, went on my honeymoon with my new husband, and really enjoyed it if I had been fearing I was infected/infected him with HIV the entire time? I dont know, and luckily I wont have to know because I took Bobs advice and GOT TESTED!!!!!!! Thank you Bob for all you do!!!! WoooWedddingHoooo!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello WOOO-Wedding-HOOO-er!

I'm delighted you can now yell WOO-HOO along with your "I DOOO!" Thanks for your thanks and for taking the time to share your story.

Happy Honeymoon!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Can I WOO HOO?
Next
Thank you, Dr. Bob!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.