Went to a naughty Blockbuster...Please help Dr. Bob!

Dear wonderful Dr. Bob,

Your forums have been extremely helpful in easing some of my fears. You are one of very few kind hearted individuals in this world. If you would please answer me I will be extremely greatful and a donation will defenitely follow. I visited an adult video store where I received a blow job from some guy on the other side of the video booth. He had blown someone else and swallowed right before he blew me. Assuming the other guy he performed oral sex on was HIV+, would the saliva in the "performers" mouth kill the virus in the other guys semen or precum? Would there be enough of the virus in the performer's mouth to infect me through my urethra or foreskin? I tested at 7.5 weeks with Oraquick and came out negative. Should I have tested? Should I test again at 3 months? I will love you forever if you answer my questions. I have just graduated college and have a new job and a new apartment. I haven't been able to sleep, eat, or enjoy my new job and my new life because of extreme anxiety. I feel that I may have just ruined my life when it has just gotten started. Please Dr. Bob. Help me!

- A 21 year old scared soul :-(

Dear 21-Year-Old Scared Soul,

Now I did realized Blockbuster has been very worried about Netflix and other businesses encroaching on its market share, so it's started several new programs like "no late fees" (although they do still have a "restocking fee" if you're late), no charge if you don't rewind and stuff like that. But I had no idea they were also offering blowjobs now.

Regarding your question, all I can do is to reiterate again that oral sex carries a very low risk for HIV transmission. The risk for the insertive partner is less than that for the receptive partner. Your naughty blockbuster nut-buster experience has many unknown variables:

1. Was the Hoover in the next booth HIV positive?

2. Were any of his previous "clients" HIV positive?

3. Were there any extenuating circumstances that might facilitate HIV transmission, i.e. concurrent STDs, cuts, etc?

4. And the list of variables could go on and on. It is highly unlikely that he kept copious amounts of HIV-positive spunk in his mouth while he gobbled your magic wand. After all, it's not likely he'd be using the stuff like Listerine, right?

Regarding HIV testing, tests taken prior to three months are not considered definitive. Consequently, your 7.5-week negative OraQuick is encouraging, but not definitive. Should you take a three-month test? Only you can decide that. If you feel you've placed yourself at risk for HIV, you should get tested. The best I can offer is to advise you that your HIV risk is, all things considered, extremely low. Take a read through the archives pertaining to oral sex. I believe you'll find them enlightening and hopefully reassuring as well. Should you decide to get the three-month test, please remember all the odds are in your favor!

Good luck!

Free at last
Reused lancet at test site?