Personal Question

Dr. Bob, Are most of your friends gay? Do you associate with straight people and consider them friends? The reason I ask is that I was doing volunteer work for a HIV/AIDS task force and almost all of the people that were on staff were gay and didnt really like the straight people that volunteered. It was a really weird thing. They would talk about being straight as "weird" and didnt want the company of straight people. Do you think this is normal, or do you think that maybe this is defensivness because of the straight people that picked on them over the years?

Are most of my friends gay? Now that's a bizarre question! My friends are my friends, be they gay, straight or bi-questioning.

Do I associate with straight people and consider them friends"" Of course I do, you silly goose.

I have no idea why you had the experience you did while volunteering. Were you perhaps wearing a "Jerry Falwell for President" Tee shirt?

Do I think it's ludicrous for gays to stereotype straights as weird and to not want to associate with them?" Absolutely.

Do I think it's equally ludicrous for straights to stereotype "gays" as weird and to not want to associate with them (or allow them equal rights)? Again, the answer is absolutely.

So, do you want to be my friend? Great! But you'll have to take the Tee shirt off first.

Thanks for volunteering. Talk to those other volunteers again. Maybe they weren't being defensive, but rather just sizing you up for a "queer eye" fashion makeover!

Stay well.

you are an inspiration
I PISSED OFF Dr.BOB in WW HELL