Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

FAQ?
Mar 6, 2005

Dear Dr. Bob,

Once again, I don't think words can adequately convey just how thankful we all are that you are here to answer our nagging (and sometimes frantic) questions. You have answered mine previously and I can say that nothing else has brought me such peace of mind (except for perhaps that final whoo-hoo!).

I read the forum frequently and often hear you say, "check the archives" - and, clearly, there ain't nothin' new under the sun. So, I have a proposition for you (no, not THAT kind of proposition - I'm in LA, anyway): if within the bounds of The Body's policies, I'd love to help compile a list of Frequently Asked Questions that you could post here. Now, that would be a loss in that readers might not then get to experience your witty responses, but toward the goal of disseminating more information on HIV, it might serve information more directly than having to comb through the archives. If I also culled the answers from your responses on this forum, surely some of your personality would come shining through.

As for my qualifications, I worked in an HIV institute/clinic for two years as a researcher and have published and edited numerous papers in the field. I'm hoping to work in public health/public policy in the future and would genuinely enjoy collaborating with you on this.

Let me know what you think and well jump to it. Thanks again for everything you do and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Cheers, Michael

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Michael,

Not that kind of proposition??? Awwww shucks . . . .

I think your idea is excellent! If you'd like to comb the archives and develop a list of FAQs, that sounds great to me! The archives, be they weird or wonderful, witty or wise-assed, are posted for all to enjoy and hopefully glean useful information from. If your FAQ format can facilitate that, count me in! I literally have thousands of questions day after day that go unanswered simply because:

1. There are literally thousands of questions day after day.

2. I've already answered identical or very similar questions that are already posted in the archives.

Thanks, Michael. Let me know if you have any "other" propositions.

By the way, I've often considered starting a category of questions titled "QTND" (Questions That Never Die).

Dr. Bob

Previous
Voulez vouc couchez avec Yoo Hoo?
Next
If YOU were ME

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.