FAQ?

Dear Dr. Bob,

Once again, I don't think words can adequately convey just how thankful we all are that you are here to answer our nagging (and sometimes frantic) questions. You have answered mine previously and I can say that nothing else has brought me such peace of mind (except for perhaps that final whoo-hoo!).

I read the forum frequently and often hear you say, "check the archives" - and, clearly, there ain't nothin' new under the sun. So, I have a proposition for you (no, not THAT kind of proposition - I'm in LA, anyway): if within the bounds of The Body's policies, I'd love to help compile a list of Frequently Asked Questions that you could post here. Now, that would be a loss in that readers might not then get to experience your witty responses, but toward the goal of disseminating more information on HIV, it might serve information more directly than having to comb through the archives. If I also culled the answers from your responses on this forum, surely some of your personality would come shining through.

As for my qualifications, I worked in an HIV institute/clinic for two years as a researcher and have published and edited numerous papers in the field. I'm hoping to work in public health/public policy in the future and would genuinely enjoy collaborating with you on this.

Let me know what you think and well jump to it. Thanks again for everything you do and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Cheers, Michael

Hi Michael,

Not that kind of proposition??? Awwww shucks . . . .

I think your idea is excellent! If you'd like to comb the archives and develop a list of FAQs, that sounds great to me! The archives, be they weird or wonderful, witty or wise-assed, are posted for all to enjoy and hopefully glean useful information from. If your FAQ format can facilitate that, count me in! I literally have thousands of questions day after day that go unanswered simply because:

1. There are literally thousands of questions day after day.

2. I've already answered identical or very similar questions that are already posted in the archives.

Thanks, Michael. Let me know if you have any "other" propositions.

By the way, I've often considered starting a category of questions titled "QTND" (Questions That Never Die).

Voulez vouc couchez avec Yoo Hoo?
If YOU were ME