Scared I was infected at Aids project testing site

Hi Dr Bob, After 8 years I finaly got the courage to go take a rapid test at my local site called the aids project. I felt great after hearing my counselor tell me that my oraquick test was negative. That feeling only lasted for a few days while I was searching the web for info on oraquick accuracy. There I saw sometimes there can be a faint line in the reactive section of the test that can be missed. After seeing pictures of examples I started to try to remember how mine looked and I think I remember a faint red line. So freaking out I went to my primary care Doctor and he sent me for a blood test which also came back negative. My problem now is that while at the aids project I scraped my knuckles on something and am terrified I may have been infected that way. Also I am scared that they may have reused the lancet. It was a BD Genie lancet and the customer service at the company told me it is safety engineered and cant be reused. Now 21 days later I have swollen lymph nodes and was wondering if they can get sore from poking them. I also have a canker sore and am scared it is ars. My wife is pregnant and I am terrified that I might infect her. Please help, I think I am going crazy. Scared in Mass.

Hello Scared in Mass.,

You state, ". . . I think I am going crazy." I agree!

Imagining faint red lines that really aren't there, worrying about scraped knuckles, fearing a lancet that has been safety engineered so it can't possibly be reused was indeed reused on you . . . . . Listen up, Guy. You are HIV negative. You need counseling for irrational HIV fears and anxiety. Ask your doctor for a referral or you just might succeed in driving yourself over the proverbial edge.

WOO HOO!!
CDC couldn't answer, Please Read