|igiv infusions and safe sex
Mar 1, 2005
I am in my late 50's, female, and heterosexual. Recently met someone and we have questionson safety of oral sex for both of us due to my infusins. Iam tested every 3 months but what do we do in between? I have Primary Immune Disease adult onset
| Response from Dr. Frascino
IgIV (intravenous gammaglobulin) preparations approved by the FDA do not transmit HIV. The pathogen-safety procedures used in manufacturing IgIV eliminate HIV transmission risk.
Hope that helps calm any HIV fears related to getting the infusions.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Where Does Herpes Come From?
- What's The Likelihood Of Somebody Getting Herpes From Protected Sex?
- What Is The Meaning Of Chlamydia Igm Negative?
- What If You Are Not Cured After Taking Bacterial Vaginosis Medications?
- What Happens If Shingles Is Not Treated?
- What Are The Long Term Effects Of Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.