tested positive for mono now worried cant sleep

Dr Bob: I am a 45 year old married male and 7 weeks months ago i did something so foolish ..I had protected sex with a "part time escort" and then found out she was "still spotting" and found some blood on the condom when i took it out of her..i also performed oral sex on her virgina and butt..i subsequesntly came down with a severe sore throat and felt real "fluish",sweats, muscle aches pains..really sore and swollen lymph nodes on left side of neck, my whole left side was so swollen that my doctor had ordered a cat scan of the neck (not for two more weeks) and extreme fatigue ..i tested negative for the flu(flu swab) and then was finally given the "mono spot" test which came up positive.. However i am so stressed out that i also am HIV positive due to these symptoms.. and the fact that she was still "spotting" from her period and i performed oral for quite a while on her... I was at first relieved when the "mono spot" came up positive because my doctor had issued concern about throat cancer becasue i smoked for 25 years but have quit for 3 years now, but am now so "stressed out" that i am a wreck.. I realize through the many posts that i have read that sympotms arent definitive however can you please give me your wonderful opinion ...the swollen lymph glands which also have a burning feeling now..are the only major symptons i still have as the sore throat has gone awway 90% of the time and my fatigue is about 75% better..but i am so stressed as so many of your readers are.My biggest concern is that she was till spotting ..and my symptons..have you seen instances where people are positve with the mon test and then are also infected with hiv..I talked with this person and she says she had a baby six months ago and all was fine and is ok but im going nuts.

Thanks for your response..hope you are feeling well and the only good thing that came out of this experience is knowledge and also to see the tremendous work that you do and the help you are to countless people.. Anyone who doesnt donate to this cause especially after learning so much from your site and getting your help and hoping that my donation and question will help.

Thanks for being there!!! Can sleep am so stressed ..but trying to remain strong for another 30 45 days before being tested ..

Best to you and all !!!

First off, HIV is not easy to get from any kind of oral sex. There have been no recorded cases of getting HIV from rimming or getting rimmed. As for oral sex on her "virgina," it carries a low risk for HIV transmission.

I can't tell from your post if your adventure was seven weeks or seven months ago. Either way, your symptoms are very consistent with mononucleosis and your monospot was positive. Consequently, I see no reason for you to be "going nuts." If your sexcapade was seven months ago, get HIV tested now. If it was seven weeks ago, wait for the three-month mark and then get tested. Mono does not interfere with HIV test results, so your results will be accurate -- and most likely negative.

Read through the archives. You should find the information and testimonials there enlightening and encouraging. OK?

Thank you for your donation. I'm sending you my very best cosmic karma that you'll soon be sending me an "official" WOO-HOO!

Good luck

Very Concerned! Peripheral neuropathy an early of HIV??
igiv infusions and safe sex