Very Concerned! Peripheral neuropathy an early of HIV??

Dr. Bob,

Hi There! I think this service you provide for everyone is amazing. I think my symptoms are different so hopefully you can have a few minutes to answer me. My question: is Numbness in the hands and feet an early sign of HIV? I have read through the archives and dont see much information on this symptom. What are your thoughts on numbness/tingling being an early sign of HIV. I read that this can be caused by meds in later stages with of HIV. Any remote chance this can be the only symptom someone shows. I never have had the other symptoms people mention during thr ARS phase.

Ive had this issue for about 5 months which started shortly after a low risk exposure. I know how you say you cant catch HIV from Oral Sex but I am very very concerend. The reason being is this feeling started shortly after this event. If its not HIV what other dieases can cause this non stop feeling in my hands and feet. The only other thing bothering me is a buzzing/ocean sound in my right ear. Tinnitus maybe? any link between the 2 symptoms? They both started 1 week after the 2 minute blowjob. I am a male the I was with a women.

Hopefully you can put my mind at ease. I will be sending $100 to your foundation. Hopefully that willbe enough to help make a difference. PLEASE RESPOND

Regards to you and your family!

Numbness of the hands and feet is not an early sign of HIV.

Buzzing ocean noises in the right ear are not signs of HIV.

The numbness/tingling and buzzing/ocean symptoms are not linked and not related to HIV.

Oral sex carries a very low risk for HIV transmission. If you've been concerned about an exposure and it's been five months, why not just get HIV tested? The results are available within 20 minutes, using rapid tests. That's certainly the quickest way to put your fears to rest.

Thank you for your very generous donation! Your one gift will touch many lives.

Good luck, although I really doubt you'll need it. I'll be on the lookout for your formal "WOO-HOO!"

I KNOW, SO WHY WAIT..?
tested positive for mono now worried cant sleep