what can people do to help you and others affected by HIV

Dr. Bob,

I have been looking through this forum for a while now and am really touched by the work that you do. I really do and i speak from my heart. Instead of being upset at the world after your infection you are out there helping people cope with this disease. I am not sure i would be able to do that. What is your secret of being so optimistic about life? I think we all have a lot to learn from you about what optimistic living is all about.

I think a lot of leaders out there can learn a lot from you as well on how to support and motivate people on living a more optimistic life (Dubya included).

What i wanted to ask is what can the average person do to help people affected by this disease. What can we all do to make Dubya realize that this is important so he starts putting more money into research?

Do you think the community, as well as doctors and researchers are more complacent now that there are drugs in existance that are able to contain the infection. Do you think people lost the sense of urgency in finding the cure?

What can we all average citizens do to help to find a cure?

best wishes to you

Thank you for your very kind comments. What's my secret to being so optimistic about life??? Gosh, I'm not sure I have one. I just feel our very temporary existence on this incredible planet, including our very lives, loves, sex adventures and all the other "unscheduled events," is such a remarkable privilege that I wonder how we could be anything other than thankful for and optimistic of the unlimited possibilities.

As for Dubya learning from me, well it seems to me he has a science-proof lock on his mind, which makes objective learning quite unlikely.

Do I think we, as a collective community, have become more complacent? Absofrickinlutely! In fact, I'd say we've moved beyond complacency into the quicksand world of apathy. For instance, the death toll from HIV/AIDS worldwide is equivalent to the death toll from the December tsunami occurring every two weeks! And yet the President's 2006 budget proposal undermines critical HIV/AIDS programs according to the HIV Medicine Association, Infectious Diseases Society of America and the American Academy of HIV Medicine. Of note is the fact the President proposed spending 15 billion on AIDS relief over five years in his 2003 State of the Union address. The current rate of spending falls far short of that goal. We should all urge the President to follow through on his commitment to fight the global AIDS pandemic. We should all insist that Congress reject the President's budget proposals for discretionary AIDS programs and the Medicaid program, which, by the way, covers nine out of every ten children with HIV in this country, and that he provide appropriate funding to tackle the growing AIDS pandemic.

What can all average citizens do to help find a cure?

1. Educate yourself about the AIDS pandemic. 2. Educate others about the AIDS pandemic. 3. Raise money or support organizations that raise money for prevention, education, treatment and research. 4. Make sure our leaders and legislators know you care about this issue.

Welcome to the fight! Stay well!

If I had to fuck a man it would be Robert Franscino
May I woo-hooo?? Im suffering a lot