HIV Prevention

My Health teacher told me that condoms do not help prevent HIV, but i read that Latex condoms will, now im confused, would you please help. Thank you

Mark

Hello Mark,

Either you didn't hear your teacher properly or, if you did, your "health teacher" should be fired, because he is spreading harmful lies.

I hope that it was the former, but I'm fearful that in reality it was the latter. It's possible this "health" (and I use the term very loosely) teacher is part of a Bush Administration's "abstinence-only" program. To get federal funds these programs are barred from discussing condoms or other forms of contraception, except to describe how they can fail.

Mark, the scientific truth is that "latex condoms, when used consistently and correctly, are highly effective in preventing the sexual transmission of HIV, the virus that causes AIDS." That's a direct quote from the CDC (Centers for Disease Control) Web site. It's a lesson that you should teach to your teacher.

Review the information in the archives of this forum, Mark, and please do share the truth with your fellow classmates. It could save their lives.

Stay informed. Stay well.

Testicular/scrotal changes
Yellow Fevor