Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Dont drink and have sex...
Feb 26, 2005

Two years ago, i got ragingly drunk and had sex with a guy I met in a bar. Right before he stuck it in , he said I have HIV. I was so drunk that I said, oh well at least I'll die skinny. I dont know if you all can grasp this but the fact that I wasn't even remotely scared shows just what alcohol and drugs can do to a person.

I dont know if I am positive or not, I am too scared to get tested. I cant even remember exactly WHAT was said, Teens, adults etc. PLEASE DO NOT DRINK and go clubbing. I want to put this guy in jail if it turns out to be true but I dont even know where to start..

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

You want to put the guy in jail because he disclosed his positive HIV status to you before he "stuck it in?" Hmmm . . . . Despite drink and drugs, I really believe it takes two to do the mattress mambo. We all must accept responsibility for our own actions and mistakes.

Your first mistake was getting so "ragingly drunk" that you were willing to have unprotected sex. Your second mistake was being so drunk that when your partner informed you of his HIV status, you didn't really care and merely said, "Oh well, at least I'll die skinny." Your third mistake is being "too scared to get tested."

Although I'm sure this is not the advice you want to hear, but here is mine:

1. Stop blaming other people for your bad judgment.

2. You placed yourself at risk for HIV two years ago. It's high time you owned up to your mistakes and accepted the consequences. If this was your only potential HIV exposure, statistically the odds are very much in your favor that you did not contract HIV. However, you do need to be HIV tested.

3. Stop thinking about putting the other guy behind bars and start focusing on your real problem. Don't compound past poor judgment with additional and ongoing poor judgment by avoiding HIV testing that you obviously realize is warranted, long overdue and unquestionably needed.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
4TH ATTEMP HOPE TO HET A RESPONSE. I THINK I HAVE GLOBUS HYSTERICUS, VERY FREAKED. PLEASE HELP.
Next
androgel side effects

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.