4TH ATTEMP HOPE TO HET A RESPONSE. I THINK I HAVE GLOBUS HYSTERICUS, VERY FREAKED. PLEASE HELP.

First off I wanted to say that you truly are one of the greatest people out there. It just goes to show you how one person can touch so many peoples lives.

This is my 4th attempt, hope to get a response.

I'll try to make it short. I'm a heterosexual male. about 6 weeks ago, on Jan 3rd I engaged in unprotective vaginal sex for about a minute, I did not ejaculate inside, the following week I had protective vaginal sex and unprotective oral sex with the same person. 2 weeks after I got tested for all std's including Hiv all negative. 5 weeks after possible exposure tested again for Hiv, negative. I've sinced learned alot about Hiv including symptoms, testing etc.. thanks to your website. I still have a couple of concerns. I havent had any flu like symptoms, but for the past week and a half Ive had this weird feeling when I swallow. I searched the net and found something called Globus Hystericus, the link will tell you a little about it. http://www.voicedoctor.net/therapy/cps.html

I dont know if its the anxiety and stress thats causing all of this or if its something else, like Hiv. The person I slept with got tested at the beginning of Nov, and she said she was negative for everything including Hiv. Prior to that she said that she had 2 partners one in the begining of Oct and one in July both protected, I dont know I wasn't there. I was also curious to see what the chances of someone being infected by kissing, assuming the infected person had a cut or vice versa? What would be your best advise on this issue. I think I'm overreacting but its so hard to not think about it. and why wont this feeling in my throat go away its really starting to bother me, maybe I should quit smoking, It has never happened to me before. just a few more weeks for my 10 week test, or should I wait for twelve. I know that the average time it takes is 25 days, given that my 35 day test was negative what would be my chances of being negative at twelve weeks.

Thanks again, wheather you answer my question or not, your still loved. I will make donations along the way. thanks again

Worried fellow.

Hello Worried Fellow,

The answers to all your questions are in the archives, so I'll be brief.

1. Unprotected sex does place you at risk for STDs, including HIV.

2. Screening HIV ELISA tests are not considered definitive or conclusive prior to three months.

3. Your two-week and five-week negative HIV tests are encouraging, but not definitive.

4. I cannot diagnose your throat condition over the Internet. If it's bothering you, see your doctor. Is it likely to be HIV related? No.

5. Should you quit smoking? Absofrickinlutely! It's by far the greatest risk you presently have threatening your good health.

Finally, thanks for the love and the donation. Both are warmly appreciated.

Stay safe. Stay well. Good luck!

FEAR
Dont drink and have sex...