AIDS VIRUS CREATED TO DIMINISH BLACK POPULATION

Hi there Dr. Bob, The other day I read a shocking article on a website claiming that there was substantial evidence that the HIV/AIDS virus was created to destroy the African-American population. I may not know much about the history of the virus, but this claim sounds to me to be fraudulant and in no way possible. Doesn't the history of the AIDS virus date back to centuries ago? Or perhaps, is this claim (which seems to me to be incredibly bizarre) credible?

I suppose if you look hard enough, you can find an article on the Web that says just about anything. This particular conspiracy theory has been floating around for quite some time and has as much credibility as Fox News reporting on WMD's in Iraq.

The history of AIDS does not go back centuries. In fact, the first cases were reported in the early 80s. It just seems like centuries, because first it was Regan and now it is Dubya who has been in office for so many years. At any rate, there is not a shred of credible evidence that even remotely suggests HIV/AIDS is a scientific experiment gone terribly wrong or a plot to wipe out gays or people of color. File that article under bad science fiction.

NEW NY CASE
thanks dr bob and encouragement to all