Question on Immunosuppression

Hey Dr Bob,

I tested HIV-Negative at 87 days past possible exposure. That was mid-Jan. I have not tested since. I just got a call from my local hospital where I used to be a volunteer blood donor earlier. They are doing a Blood Drive and wanted me to donate some blood. Is it ok if I donate blood now? Or should I re-test at 6 months before that? I know testing at 6 months is advised only for those with severe immunosuppression.

In other words, my question is: Is it possible for a person to be Immunosuppressed and not know it at all?

Just wanted to double check with you.

PS: You should have received my check of $100 by now.

Thanks a lot, John.

Hi John,

I don't have any specific information about your potential HIV exposure or type of test you had performed. Consequently, the best I can offer is that I would consider a negative three-month, FDA-approved ELISA test to be conclusive for "routine" potential HIV exposures.

Is it possible for a person to be immunosuppressed and not know it? It would be highly unlikely. But, I suppose almost anything is possible. I mean Dubya actually got elected, right?

Regarding blood donations, there is a screening form you must complete before donating. Answer the questions accurately and you'll know if you should donate or not.

Thank you for your donation! Your one gift will touch many lives.

Stay well.

GROUND CONTROL TO MAJOR BOB!!! 6th TIME!
Ladies love frottage! Or is it frotage?