Daily Contact with HIV
Feb 20, 2005
If you shake hands with an HIV infected person (sweat is present in their hands, then (after 10 minutes or so)touch your eyes or an open wound in your body, what are the chances of getting infected?
Thanks for having an informative website.
Response from Dr. Frascino
The chances are exactly zero! Yep, that's correct zero, zip, zilch! Got it? Good!
Oh, and before you ask, the same applies to mosquitoes, public toilets and doorknobs.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- HIV Infection Risk Rimming
- Is Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Safe?
- Massage Risk Of Getting AIDS
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Vaginal Sex Without Condom
- Too Scared To Get Tested After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation
- Can AIDS Be Transmitted Through Blowjob From A Prostitute?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.