How easy to catch/infect through oral sex (again...)

Hi, I'm HIV+ with a very inactive sex life - on the rare occasion I do bed someone, I always wear a condom during anal sex. A couple of weeks ago was one of those rare occasions and what happens? I get chlamydia... presumably as a result of having had oral sex performed on me as "Mini Me" was covered up in latex during the anal part....

I never believed that oral sex was unsafe in terms of HIV; I mean, just consider how common unprotected oral sex is among gay men - statistically, we would have had a huge epidemic if there was any risk associated with unprotected oral sex. However, the clamydia experience has really confused me - I assume that the explanation must be that's it's much easier to catch chlamydia than HIV - otherwise I'm REALLY scared on my own behalf (co-infection) and all others practising oral sex! Time for complete abstinense...?

You don't have to be "confused;" just read the archives. I've covered this topic many times before. Some STDs are easy to get from all types of oral sex getting or giving. These include STDs that cause sores or blisters, like syphilis and herpes. Gonorrhea, chlamydia and NGU infections are possible from sucking and/or getting sucked. HIV is not easy to get from any kind of oral sex.

Total abstinence??? Now there's an idea, and it worked so well for the Catholic priests!

Stay safe. Stay well.

I looked like Ukraine's President Victor Yushchenko
WOOHOO.....Thanks...Donation