Mary Jane and Elisa's window

Hey Dr. Bob, How ya doon? 2 questions about the old reefer, and one other, if you dont mind (couldn't find these in your archives):

1. I was wondering if someone who has smoked up quite a lot will have a weaker immune system and a longer window period?

2. Will ARS happen sooner if one smokes up after a possible exposure? Will this lead to an infection that otherwise might not have happened?

3. What are the possible causes of a longer window period than 3 months? How does one tell a compromised immune system from a normal one (for example, one may have a silent tumor inside their body)

Cheers and stay in good health okay! Lotsa love,

Stoned Fan of the Great Dr. Bob

Hello Stoner,

1. Mary Jane does not weaken the immune system, nor does it change a person's ability to make anti-HIV antibodies. Consequently, it does not affect HIV test results or the duration of the window period.

2. Mary Jane will not make an ARS "happen sooner," nor will it lead to an infection that otherwise might not have happened.

3. See the archives for this info. It will save me having to reiterate this information again. Delayed seroconversion is extremely rare. Our immune systems are an integral part of our existence. If the immune system is significantly compromised to the extent that it cannot make antibodies to infectious invaders, like HIV, the condition would not be subtle. The person would be quite ill and unable to ward off a wide variety of common infections. "Silent tumors" is an analogous situation.

Cheers! And don't Bogart that joint!

Hairy leukoplakia but negative elisa, HELP
I looked like Ukraine's President Victor Yushchenko