Wooo Hooo!

This is another post to encourage people to simply get tested.

I have an sexual encounter with a woman (I am an man) I had just met in October 2003. I used a condom, but "at the last minute" I noticed a little air in the tip. I squeezed it out but the condom made a little "squeeky" noise.

Stupidly, I did not take it off and put another on but just "went for it."

The next day I wondered about the "squeek" but did not worry about it too much.

About two weeks later the knuckle in my thumb started to ache. Then my hands, wrists, shoulders. Yipes!

Then my feet started to hurt. Then my lower back.

I got VERY nervous. Had a million tests for various forms of arthritis - nothing.

In March 2004, another sex partner complained of Molluscum Contagiosum. I noticed small red bumps on my torso. Double Yipes!

In December 2004, I got a pimple on my eyelid that quickly went away... but... a red bump remained on the inside of the eyelid. Of course, I self diagnosed and decided it was Kaposis Sarcoma.

This was finally enough to make me get tested.

REALLY STUPID TO WAIT OVER A YEAR!!!

Of course, I tested NEGATIVE. And have wasted a year worring and driving myself crazy. I thought about this for at least an hour a day.

I could have written a novel.

As you say... Wooo Hooo!!!

And WOO-HOO to you too!

Thanks for sending the CliffsNotes version of your novel. I think some WW's will soon need a "Problem iPod" just to keep track of all their imaginary symptoms.

Stay well.

New Strain of HIV found
foundation question