|Unique Question, Please answer, $100 donation promised !
Feb 16, 2005
Hi Dr Bob, Thanks a million for taking the time out to help everyone, I promis to donate and help out whichever way I can. My question: I am very scared about a potential exposure, performing unprotected cunnilingus on a prostitutefor about 5 minutes. There was no blood. I read through all the forums and it says that my risk is practically non exsistent. I would have gladly accpeted that and moved on, however even though I should not be diagnosing my symptoms, there are just so many, that I began to get scared. My exposure was on Nov 18th, I got a cold (sniffles etc) on the 24th of dec. Bo problem I thought, cold symptoms are not suggestive of ARS. Then my workmate had the flu, and he was coughing all over the place, sitting right next to me, and guess what, I got the flu. This was on Jan 15th, I got fever (100), chills. no swollen glands, and was ok in 3-4 days. This scared me a bit, but I still figured that i got it from him, so i moved on. Now yesterday, Feb 9th, I had an itchy feeling in my throat, which later progressed to swollen glands in the throat and 100 fever again. This has really scared me. I am normally very healthy, and havent had a fever in a few years, and all of a sudden I have been down 3 times in 3 months. Do you think this is because i am sero converting, and my body is too tired to fight these infections? Does this happen normally when HIV starts? TO summarize again: Exposure : Nov 18th Cold/Snillfes: Dec 24th Actuall Flu w/100 fever: Jan 15th Sore throat/Fever: Feb 10th Is this in anyway indiccative of HIV ARS? Would you tell me to get tested based on the exposure(unprotected cunnilingus) and these past 3 months? I would be grateful if you replied. Donation will be in the mail soon. God Bless
Worried but not well.
| Response from Dr. Frascino
1. You are correct: you should not be trying to diagnose yourself.
2. Symptoms do not equal HIV disease. You should not be trying to diagnose yourself.
3. If you are concerned that you've placed yourself at risk for HIV, then get HIV tested at three months. You should not be trying to diagnose yourself.
4. Do I think you are seroconverting? No, I do not.
5. Thank you for your generous donation.
6. Did I mention you should not be trying to diagnose yourself?
Good luck. Stay well.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Swollen Glands After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Trouble Urinating After Insertive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Pubic Lice If You Have No Pubic Hair?
- How To Get Rid Of Vaginal Dryness?
- Are Lymph Node Swelling Ringing Ears Vision Change Signs Of Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.