3 Days to DOOMSDAY?

Hi Dr. Bob: You are the best....$500 donation coming Tuesday, no matter what my results are....Waiting until then for supersticious reasons.....Had a low risk contact (By all my reading of your posts, they have kept Me sane for a couple of months)...Had 5 week negative Elisa test....Waited until 15th week and took another (3 extra weeks just to be sure)....My problem is, as the days get closer to my results (Monday or Tuesday next week), I'm freaking out....I keep imagining the call from the Doctor saying it's positive and I breakdown...To alleviate my fear, I have really only one question....I've had a sore throat, flushing, trouble sleeping, neck pain and an on and off rash mainly in my upper body from the 10th week to the 15th week....The rash and sore throat concern Me the most....To get Me through to next week.....Are these symptoms consistent with ARS and does the timeframe of occurance make any sense....I thought that they should start earlier and not last so long....I am 100% confidant that the 15 week result, + or -, is conclusive....Please help Me get through the last couple of days....Watch to confirm the donation, I have made a promise to myself and will keep it....Thanks in advance.....R

Hi R,

My advice regarding ARS symptoms is that symptoms are notoriously unreliable in predicting HIV disease. Only the results of your HIV test can determine if you are HIV positive or not. From what you've mentioned so far low-risk contact, five-week negative ELISA, etc. it appears the odds are astronomically in your favor that you are HIV negative.

As for donations to my foundation, remember they should be made only out of the desire to alleviate the suffering and to offer hope to those struggling to cope with the challenges of living with AIDS, not as an incentive for me to respond to questions, OK?

Good luck on your tests. I'll send you my best cyber karma!

update as I know you listen
Unique Question, Please answer, $100 donation promised !