wondering about the effect of certain drugs {xanax, percoset, marijuana} on a hiv+ ppl

hi dr. bob I was wondering about the effect that say a drug like zanax or adivan might have on the immune system of an hiv+ individual, and also i was wondering the same about percoset and vicoden. i'm not sure if you have or can tell me the answers to these questions, but it is greatly appreciated either way. But i do know that abusing these drugs is not good hiv+ or not. Also, i like to have a couple of drinks about once every 2 weeks, and smoke a bit of the marijuana once a month {very good and beatiful marijuana}. i was just wondering if these things would comprimize an immune system infected with hiv, oh and i must say i never mix anything either {like drinks and pills}. but yea, i appreciate the opportunity to ask you questions, and you taking the time to answer, if this one isnt posted i'm sure possibly someone else will ask the same questions down the road. thank you dr. bob, your the best. the dude

Hi Dude,

Xanax, Ativan, Percocet, Vicodin, booze and marijuana!?!? Wow, now that's what I call a potent drug cocktail! To answer your question, the prescription drugs taken in recommended doses and the non-prescription stuff taken in moderation will not adversely affect the immune system of virally enhanced folks like us. Just don't take them all together. Remember what happened to Judy Garland.

Stay well, Dude.

ANSWER TO COMMENTS WOULD YOU EXPLAIN TO ME THIS DR BOB.
'just wondering' post scared me senseless!!