ANSWER TO COMMENTS WOULD YOU EXPLAIN TO ME THIS DR BOB.

Dear Dr Bob, first of all i really appreciate your answer to my question among thousands, i guess. Sorry but i think i confused you but this was what really happened: I bought a private medical insurance and they sent me to do all those test because i saw the Physician order sheet. It is also true that is expensive, what im gonna do, i go by them. I also understand that wb shouldnt even have been done in this case. It also left me tranquil your opinion. Also, he mentioned come back in one year i guess for an annual check. Sorry if you were confused i was much more. Once again, i really appreaciate your time. Ezew.

Hello Ezew,

First off, these types of sophisticated and expensive tests are not usually performed as an "annual check," so I'm kind of confused already.

Next, a Western Blot (WB) test should never be run, unless the screening EIA is repeatedly positive. Yours was negative and consequently, the Western Blot should never even have been done. So again, I'm confused.

Next, your T-cells are within the normal range. Again, I see no reason for ordering this test and no cause for concern.

So what you are left with is trying to interpret a bunch of tests that should never have been ordered in the first place.

I would consider the sum of your tests negative EIA HIV-1 and HIV-2, undetectable viral load, normal T-cells and an indeterminate WB to mean you are HIV negative.

What did your doctor mean when he said, "Come back in a year?" Well, I suppose he meant come back in a year. Hopefully your next annual checkup won't include all these totally unnecessary and expensive tests.

Hi Ezew,

Thanks for the clarification. However, I still find it very odd that any private insurance policy would run all those tests for no reason. A screening HIV test -- sure, but viral load and T-cell counts? That's odd. Perhaps under "occupation" you checked the box for "gay porno star" or "closeted rightwing religious zealot?" No matter. My opinion remains the same. Based on the sum of your tests, you are HIV negative!

Stay well.

TRANSGENDER ENCOUNTER!!! FROM SPAIN!! Please HELP!! JUST DONANTED!!
wondering about the effect of certain drugs {xanax, percoset, marijuana} on a hiv+ ppl