Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

How to start having sesx again
Feb 10, 2005

I've been with my partner for 14 years. I'm HIV-positive, he's HIV-negative. I got ill in about 1996 and we stopped having sex. I got better, but the sex never restarted. We've gone our own ways sexually since then, but want to try and start having sex together again.

We just don't know where to start.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

You don't know where to start? Usually, it's like learning to ride a bicycle: once you learn, you don't forget.

OK, let's see . . . . It all depends on if you're the soft candlelight, satin sheets, Beyoncé in the background, champagne, whisper sweet nothings in his ear while gently caressing his home entertainment center kind of couple OR the leather boots and harness, little brown bottle, Kristen Bjorn video, dirty-talking daddies kind of couple. And, of course, there are plenty of other scenarios as well. But the most important thing is communication. Talk to each other. Read through the information in the archives about magnetic couples. Consider couples counseling if you're having difficulty re-finding your groove.

Good luck. Hope you're soon back in the saddle again!

Dr. Bob

Previous
rash at eleven weeks? 12 week negative meaningless????
Next
TRANSGENDER ENCOUNTER!!! FROM SPAIN!! Please HELP!! JUST DONANTED!!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.