Trying to get the correct information!!

Dr. Robert, I thought that you might find this interesting what I have been told about hiv, std's and testing. The health department told me that a two month elisa test was conclusive. One nurse also told me that it is normal to have chlamydia in your body! I have heard that performining oral sex is low risk and also high risk. I was also told by a nurse at an hiv clinic that you need to wait out two years for a conclusive hiv test! I tried to find out from the health department what generation elisa test they use and they didn't know what I was talking about. They gave me the director, she didn't know, then she gave me the number of the state lab, and they weren't sure. I asked if this test picks up all subtypes and groups of hiv. Most don't know what I am talking about. And these are the people that we are told to ask for the answers. This has been so frustrating, almost as much as the thought of having contrated hiv! I live in the US, in a state that looks like a "mitten", in one of the largest counties in the country. This is the kind of answers that some of us are dealilng with, and that is why you get so many questions. Thanks for taking the time to answer all our questions. A Fan

Hi Fan,

Perhaps that another reason why some folks want to move away from those "mitten" and square-red states to one of the blue parenthesis states bracketing this country.

Stay well, Fan. We're here when you need us.

Indeterminate
SOS--Oral Sex and Scrotum--help !!!