The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

HIV Infection?

Feb 9, 2005

Hello, I am a straight male. After a party we went to an area where there are hookers. I found one and had oral and anal sex with her with no condom. Entry was not difficult as it did not seem like I was tearing her rectum up or cutting it. A couple days later I was told by a friend that anal sex is the best way to get AIDS and that I am now at a huge risk. It has been always my understanding that getting HIV or AIDS from a such a brief encounter, especially if I am the one who was giving the anal sex and the woman is the one who receives it... is not very probable. Am I correct or should I be worried?



Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Sid,

Unprotected sex places you at risk for STDs, including HIV. Anal sex is considered "riskier" than vaginal and much riskier than oral. It is true that the receptive partner is at greater risk than the insertive partner. However, that you were the insertive partner and the encounter was brief do not eliminate your risk. HIV testing is warranted three months or more from the time of potential exposure. I'd also suggest you spend some time on this Web site learning about STDs and, particularly, the HIV transmission risk associated with specific sexual practices. In addition, you definitely need a remedial course on safer-sex recommendations.

In a nutshell, don't be a chump; cover your stump, before you hump!

Good luck on your HIV test!

Dr. Bob

Going nuts!!!!
Gross but True

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint