HIV Infection?

Hello, I am a straight male. After a party we went to an area where there are hookers. I found one and had oral and anal sex with her with no condom. Entry was not difficult as it did not seem like I was tearing her rectum up or cutting it. A couple days later I was told by a friend that anal sex is the best way to get AIDS and that I am now at a huge risk. It has been always my understanding that getting HIV or AIDS from a such a brief encounter, especially if I am the one who was giving the anal sex and the woman is the one who receives it... is not very probable. Am I correct or should I be worried?

Thanks,

Sid

Hi Sid,

Unprotected sex places you at risk for STDs, including HIV. Anal sex is considered "riskier" than vaginal and much riskier than oral. It is true that the receptive partner is at greater risk than the insertive partner. However, that you were the insertive partner and the encounter was brief do not eliminate your risk. HIV testing is warranted three months or more from the time of potential exposure. I'd also suggest you spend some time on this Web site learning about STDs and, particularly, the HIV transmission risk associated with specific sexual practices. In addition, you definitely need a remedial course on safer-sex recommendations.

In a nutshell, don't be a chump; cover your stump, before you hump!

Good luck on your HIV test!

Going nuts!!!!
Gross but True